5.15.2007

Wonders of Test Piggy

I sometimes wish someone was sitting next to me taking dictation of the frantic phone calls i recieve from my younger sister when i am at work.
this was the gist of yesterdays...

TP: Laaaaaauraaaaa
(from the exaggerated pronounciation of my name i smell something is up)
Me: what is it?
TP: ummmmm I think my flight leaves tonight.....(as in monday night)
(internal groan -the number of times i have heard her say she leaves late tues early weds i thought she actually knew what she was talking about)

After some discussion we agree that yessss 12:something or other AM def means mon night.

TP: why do i always mess this up??
Me: i dont know
TP: more incoherent whining noises I guess i will try and change the flight

end of conversation #1

After a bit she calls back
TP: I cant change the flight
Me: well then get the tomorrow off work. Can you do that??
TP: yessssss

and this is the point were i KNOW she is calling for me to do the big sister thing. Her lil head has gotten overwhelmed by this one snag and now she is in the beginning of slight panic mode.....

Me: Call your friend and let her know. Leave a message with her Mom, see if you can get the hostel info, call about your rides, double check when you are getting back, have you packed yet?? go home at lunch and back...
TP: okaaaaaay
Me: I have no sympathy for you about this. You do this every time.
TP: I know (exboyfriend) used to take care of this
Me: well obviously he isnt around anymore and this is really your responsibility
TP: i know i know
Me: You need to realize that you are bad at this and make a better effort to confirm the actual time fo your flights

Seriously the number of phone calls where i end up being a walking moral to an afterschool special.

This is for the 9yr old stuck inside the 25yr old Test Piggys body... the one in charge of flight info and remembering bad TV from out youth.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home