5.23.2007

If it ain't broke

you must be in someone else's house.
I am about to throw in the handywoman towel, hang up the toolbelt and spend the rest of my free time drinking beer in front of the tv while the house falls down around me.

Whats one tiny little broken garbage disposal. Really insignificant not even worth being embarrassed about. So the kitchen sink backs up and since this has been on the to fix list for about 2 months. It is almost like a new pet that we have to care for and tend to.
So fifteen feet away from a sink that wont drain is a water heater that yearns to be a faucet. Tricky bastard has started leaking and after about a week it totally stopped. Lesson learned: water heaters are not like paper cuts or having the flu -no such thing as self healing in the appliance world. Leak is back with a vengance. My new evening routine is to drag the sopping wet towels from around it out to the backyard to dry off and lay out new ones to soak up the slooooow leak from it. nothing but a life of glamour for me.
did you feel that earthquake on sunday?? me either. my sister mentioned it to me once i got home. Didnt give it any thought until the next night when i get home to hear about the leaking toilet. Piddling lil 4.2 quake had caused 2 cracks in the corners of the toilet tank....and a massive puddle on the floor.(this is where i stomped up and down and let out a couple of shit fuck shitty fucks)
Am beginning to see the charm of a house without running water...
Thank god my brother is out of school for a while and can attend to all these repairs. Fingers crossed that this weekend everything will get replaced and that Home Depot is having a memorial day lets give Laura a break sale.

Am most annoyed about all this home mantainence crap since i would rather be putting my energies towards replacing the awful flickering kitchen lights and stripping out the faded wallpaper in the tv room. Le sigh at least the fridge is still chilling my emergancy supply of comfort beer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home