6.18.2007

$6 milkshakes

First ever restaurant review. Nice way to kick off summer.
I work on the edge of Menlo Park and often end up in downtown Palo Alto for lunch. On friday, I ended up at the Peninsula Creamery (Retro diner place -since 1988!)
Since i was by my lonesome I sat at the counter which offered me a great view of the servers scooping ALL of the breakfast jam back into a large container. With images of people double-dipping the marmalade and licking knives, I have VOWED to never eat jam from one of those containers again (change that again to once since upon reflection I have never actually used jelly from lil serving containers, prepackaged smuckers yessss but that is a totally different story). I ordered a burger and fries since that is what you do at these places and an extra thick coffee milk shake since that is what I do at these places. Pretty standard burger, nice hand cut fries but fries are fries.Total $16 -i felt that was just a lil too much even for downtown Palo Alto (and had one of the worst 6 seconds of panic when i realized id and atm card where at home on carpet where i threw them after fratellis concert-thanks you back up Visa). Over all the best thing was the 25 cent tootsie pop I picked up on the way out (two words: Indian star)
Will i be back??
Most likely No

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home