8.29.2005

Under Pressure

T-2 days to new job and that means I need to run around and cram all the shit errands I have been putting off for the past month into one day. I am off to an awesome start by still being home and sloppy at 10:30. Instead of doing laundry, I went out and bought 3 pairs of pants and a skirt yesterday. Instead of getting a huge bottle of aspirin for the office I spent half an hour looking at belts at Target. Instead of making an appointment at the DMV I have been planning dinners with friends and outings with my mom. Instead of being worried about job skills and references I have been debating which shoes go with which shirt the best. So you see how I have just been too busy being well ME to handle any of this stuff. Since I know you are all salivating for some important Laura news-- I went to the 49ers Titans preseason game on Friday. I was too distracted by the amount of crap that Ryan ate at the stadium to watch anything happening on the field. Oh wait that is a lie I was totally enraptured by the pee wee football players during halftime. Too freakin cute. On Saturday I got to take carol around on errands and make her bruschetta, what fun for me! My mommy took me out to dinner along with Robin and Carol and we gourged ourselves at Mandarin Gourmet. Lets here it for 5 meat dinner!! Dooo Wahhh Diddy Diddy dum Diddy Dooo. (sorry I think carol is the only one who will get that joke). And then we hopped over to Campbell for a little get together for Alex's bday. I was way tired from my four hour nap so I didn't make it past 11. I think it was also the bad funk cover band was just killing the joy inside of me. On Sunday, Kt and I did a marathon shopping spree at Valley Fair. It was awesomely fun to spend money like I had it for a change. Which reminds me. My condolences go out to Katie for having to return to work today at the water district. Summer vacation is over. Well not to worry, since I now have my own office look forward to more frequent and witty blog entries from yours truly. I cannot wait to see how much im-ing, web browsing, coffee breaks, walks around the sun campus, blog updates, online shopping I can get away with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home