7.28.2005

I want IT NOW!!!

and what is this it that I want? At this very moment? right now in fact-well it is to be able to see my posts published on my blog. Due to my computer's fundamentalist Christian nature to try and teach me the righteous joys of delayed gratification-I am suffering from not be able to see my posts. While a number of efforts have been made to rectify this (including a blood drawn contract with the devil) my computer is resisting all of my dark side efforts to get this up and pretty for me to preview before my public sees it. Ah well at least I still have my soul. . .
All though I am not too sure about my foresight these days. The other bane of my existence- my half-finished beaded shirt got worn out of pure desperation for clean clothing the other day. I get very inventive in my quest to put off doing laundry as long as my jeans can stand it (if only I could trade my soul in for a mute housekeeper to handle this for me. . . hmm def worth considering) Anyways shirt was worn, hamper was full, I had no more excuses so beaded shirt went into the wash. Now I tend to be a pretty confident person so my sewing skills didn't came under too much scrutiny while I threw this shirt in the washer. Sure I hesitated a second but really couldn't put the effort to re-evaluate this plan -If any beads fell off they would just hang out in the bottom til I retrieved them. Well after that load was done and tossed into the dryer and no loss beads were found I thought all was gonna be dandy. That is until I pulled everything out of the dryer and heard a tiny death of 5 of them falling down the lint trap. This just goes to show how much time I have on my hands because with the aid of a flashlight, a foot long screwdriver and some duct tape I went about the process of fishing them out. In retrospect this would have gone a lot faster if all that extra lint didn't instantaneously detract from the sticking power of the duct tape and if I hadn't really gone crazy about getting them all out including the last one which was broken anyway. While not quite as much fun as one of the claw games with the stuffed animals I did leave with some lovely parting prizes-a bonus black pen, a quarter and the drawstring from my gray sweatpants that I thought was lost a month ago. Who needs heaven when I have found such glory at the bottom of my lint trap???

1 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

i love reading these - keep em coming

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home